Monday, September 11, 2006

Bavaria


It might be because of my return to Bavaria that Pope Benedict XVI. decided also to return to his Bavarian homeland. But it might be not, too - God knows.

Anyway, I came back to Ingolstadt and Munich three days ago after having finished the internship in Hamburg - and to be honest, I was quite glad to be back. I mean, although I really love to travel around, to visit new places and meet new people I now feel totally good to have my friends and family around me, to be at home, sleep in my own bed and eat the delicious food of my mum (I know, this sounds very conservative if not boring, but it is like that: I feel like in my childhood again.)
To this, I can only add that I enjoy the famous white-blue-coloured Bavarian sky and the current late-summer heat while reading thousands of pages about politics in Turkey, the Middle East or Europe that I have copied throughout my stayings in Istanbul or Hamburg. Occasionally I watch the live-streaming of Benedict's visit to Munich, Altötting (a "shrine of Europe"), and the UNESCO World Heritage Regensburg, I work on the computer or the internet.
Most important, I'm looking forward for the start of the Oktoberfest 2006, the world's biggest beer festival! (I'm sure to have told about it to everybody, but those who really can't remember anymore please go to http://www.oktoberfest.de) Beginning on Saturday, 16 September, when the first barrel of beer will be opened by the Mayor of Munich, millions of people from all over the world (especially Italy, Japan, the U.S. and Australia) will come and drink and have fun for about two-and-a-half weeks. As every year, it'll be great and (at least at the macro level) peaceful. Those of you who decide spontaneously and lustflully to come - don't hesitate to do so! It's an absolutely terrific experience!!! And for the others: Be sure to see some pictures of me and the "Wiesn 2006" on my picture page in a few days time!!!

Until then I promise to make all of you be part of my prayers to the Pope and I wish you a very good time.

Sincerely yours
Lütüf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home